Next I needed to cut these pieces to length and cut the diagonal brace for the post. The foam then needed to be scored with a wire brush to create the wooden effect and finally glued together. Here's a close up of the texture.
My original base was much too small and didn't provide enough weight to counter balance the whole post. It was very top heavy. I also decided to add on some small strips to where the base connects to the post for some nice details. But this foam is super light so that didn't help I ended up added a larger base and I even glued a 50 cent Euro into it to really weight this thing down.
Everything was of course scratched with the wire brush for that sweet wood texture.
Now that it's sufficiently heavy it's time to paint. Step one is a mixture of black acrylic paint and mod podge. Then I base coat with a light brown, add streaks of a golden brown and finish it off with a dry brushing of a tan colour.
Finally I had to google how to tie a noose (one of my weirder googles...) and glued it to the post. That's it! My first hangman's post. Let me know what you think!
Liquid error (sections/article-template.liquid line 18): Could not find asset snippets/relatedblogs.liquid